Monday, December 5, 2011

Back to babbling....

So, it has been pretty much forever since I last blogged. Sorry about that. In mommy time it has been about 10 years.... ;)


It seems like so much has happened since August. We went to Sedona, AZ and had a lovely weekend trip there. Izzy pretty much loved Sedona, and I finally got to see the Grand Canyon.

Umm... Iz turned 6months! I don't know how that happened... For some reason 6 months is a big mile marker to me...

Iz really is such a great little girl. She gets me out of bed early(to my standards at least) but when I pick her up in the morning its just a burst of happiness. I love it... I think Michael has picked up on it too. When he is home, he loves getting her up from naps... I would call her an angel, but I don't think angels are as loud and shrill as she is... She just likes to tell ya what's up, in the loudest voice possible.. Hahaha. Michael and I are stumped as to how such a little baby can make such a loud noise.. She can make my ping-pong table room echo...

Her baby babble is becoming way more understandable too... It's staring to sound like sounds instead of coos and sighs... Every once and awhile I will hear wa-wa and da-da, and once she said ma-ma... Sadly this was all just jibberish to her... I have been saying ma-ma to her a lot, and I think she knows that it means me. When I say it she looks at me and smiles... But her eyes look at me in a way that makes me think that she knows what I'm saying.... I love it...

Well she is now officially 8 months old... She loves sweet potatoes, carrots, hates peas, not crawling yet but seriously on the verge... Like any day now... I wouldn't be surprised if she lost some weight once she starts... Silly little miss...

It's funny how you Figure out a name for your child and you try to make sure there aren't any funny nicknames, but when they are born you come up with all kinds of nicknames for them... Before she was born we called her Izzy-Iz but now we call her sweet endearing names like:

The stink
Stinker butt
Miss Iz ( when you say it aloud, it sounds like Mrs.)
Iz
Izzers
Little miss
Missy
Etc....


Ok, I'm sure I've successfully wasted your time...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Sedona awesome! We loved it there.
    I like "Little Miss" and "Miss Iz", those are cute!

    ReplyDelete